POSITION OPEN ANNOUNCEMENT
Job: Tax Accounting Clerk
Location: 639 – HSM Corporate Office
Exempt _ Non-Exempt X
The Tax Accountant clerk will report in directly to the Corporate Tax Manager. This role will support the Corporate Tax Manager to maintain compliance for the Company in areas of taxation including sales and use tax return filing, escheat filings, and assistance in the filing of the corporate federal and state tax returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and file returns: Sales and Use Tax, Annual reports, Business Licenses and Escheat returns.
- Prepare Business Personal Property Tax Returns.
- Maintain sales tax exemption certificates coordinating with the credit department.
- Assist in gathering the information necessary to file the federal and state income tax returns.
- Assist the Tax Manager in gathering information for the various tax examinations.
- Assist in financial planning; analysis; budgeting and reconciliation of the various tax accounts.
- Assist in maintaining data related to the computation of Tax depreciation.
- Update and maintain the Tax Calendar throughout the year.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; self-starter, organized, seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Associates degree or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting; four years’ experience in an accounting or tax environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software; Vertex and FAS.
For Career Opportunities At Hickory Springs Mfg. Company
Please Apply On-Line At:
Posted: June 12, 2019